Customers Benefit from
and Retail Competition:
Energy choice benefits consumers bringing better
prices, services and technologies:
• Pricing options that respond to customer needs;
• Cleaner and renewable energy choices;
• More payment options;
• Improved bill presentation; and
• Advanced metering and data analysis.
Competitive retail energy markets have:
• Many buyers and sellers;
• Proper price signals for customers;
• Workably competitive wholesale markets; and
• Utilities that distribute energy but are not energy retailers.